Prep time: 10 mins
LUNCH BOX SUSHI BOWL
Cooking time: 45 mins
Serving size: 1-3
Health Benefits of this Recipe
Every mama will appreciate this quick and easy lunch box recipe! Perfect for Mama’s on the run or picky toddlers who need a nourishing meal. This meal is packed with iodine, omega-3 fats and protein. These nutrients are essential during pregnancy and breastfeeding and to support the development of a baby's brain. We have used Gevity Rx Great Guts Mayo, which contains no egg, gluten, dairy, soy, or inflammatory veg and seed oils, and is completely additive and preservative free! We love that the Great Guts Mayo is family friendly and a great way to sneak bone broth into little bellies undetected!
- 1 cup rice (uncooked, rinsed & drained)
- 185g tin of tuna or salmon (or cooked salmon if you would prefer not to use tinned fish)
- ¼ red onion (finely diced)
- 1 carrot (peeled, grated)
- 1 cucumber (very finely chopped)
- 1 sheet of nori per person (cut into small edible squares)
- 2 tbsp Gevity Rx Great Guts Mayo
- Cook rice as per package instructions, once cooked set aside to cool.
- Drain the tuna and place into a large bowl with all remaining ingredients (except the nori) and mix to combine well.
- In a small bowl, serve the rice up into your desired portion and top with tuna and veg mix and place nori sheets to the side.
- Enjoy with a little extra great guts mayo to top.
Tips & Notes
- For a lunch box friendly option, place a nori sheet shiny side down on a bamboo rolling mat, spread rice evenly covering nori but keeping 2cm at the end free from rice. Place tuna and veg mix in a line in the centre of the nori sheet. Lift the edge of the bamboo mat closest to you and begin to roll the sheet tightly. When you reach the end, dab exposed nori with a little water and apply gentle pressure to seal the edges. Slice into 6-8 pieces with a wet, sharp knife.
- If you want a spicier bowl try the Gevity Rx Sriracha Mayo.