Prep time: 15 min
GREEN CHICKEN CURRY
Cooking time: 30-40 min
Serving size: 3-4
Health Benefits of this Recipe
Our chicken curry is a nourishing meal packed with spices to support your immune system through seasonal changes. The inclusion of bok choy and broccoli provide good sources of dietary calcium. Chicken is a great source of lean protein to support wound healing and tissue repair post birth. And brown rice provides a nutrient rich complex carbohydrate source that will help to keep you fuller for longer!
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup brown rice (uncooked)
- 195g jar gluten-free green curry paste
- 1 bunch bok choy (diced)
- 1 broccoli (diced into small florets)
- 1 carrot (sliced into half moons)
- ½-1 sweet potato (peeled & diced into 2cm pieces)
- 400mL full fat coconut milk
- ½ cup water
- 2 chicken breasts (diced)
1. Cook rice as per package instructions.
2. Add all vegetables to a large pot, cover with 1/3 jar of the green curry paste and cook for 3 minutes.
3. Add 400mL of coconut milk and 1/2 cup of water to the pot. Reduce heat to a simmer and cover with a lid.
4. Whilst curry is simmering, add a splash of olive oil to a separate frying pan and warm to a medium-high heat. Add the chicken, cover with remaining curry paste and cook, stirring occasionally until chicken is cooked through.
5. Add the cooked chicken to the vegetable curry and allow to simmer for a further 5 minutes, ensuring vegetables are soft (especially sweet potato).
6. Serve with brown rice.
Top with fresh coriander, parsley or bean shoots.
Tips & Notes
- No brown rice, use quinoa instead.
- Vegan option: Use firm tofu instead of chicken.
- Ensure to check the ingredients label of the green curry paste to keep this recipe gluten-free.
- Store in glass container in the fridge for up to 3 days and serve heated for lunch.