Prep time: 15 min
Cooking time: 3 - 4 hrs (or overnight)
Serving size: 14
Health Benefits of this Recipe
These chocolate bites are the perfect treat when the chocolate cravings hit. They are packed with fibre rich dates for sweetness and contain rolled oats and almond meal. The healthy fats will keep you fuller for longer and just one of these is enough to satisfy that sweet craving.
- 10 fresh medjool dates (pitted)
- 1 cup rolled oats
- ½ cup hazelnut meal (or almond meal)
- 2 tbsp cacao powder
- 2 tbsp hazelnut butter
- 14 blanched hazelnuts
- ½ cup of hazelnuts (finely chopped for rolling)
- 100g 70% dark chocolate
1. Soak dates in warm water for 2-3 minutes to soften. Drain and set aside.
2. Place the oats, hazelnut meal and cacao in a high speed food processor and process for 2 minutes until ground down.
3. Add in the dates and hazelnut butter and process for a further 2-3 minutes until well combined.
4. To make the balls, scoop 1 tablespoon of the mixture and roll into a ball around 1 whole hazelnut, roll in the chopped hazelnuts and then repeat until all 14 balls are rolled.
5. Place in the fridge to set for 2 hours.
6. Once the balls are set, melt the chocolate in a microwave safe bowl and roll each ball in the melted chocolate until completely coated.
7. Set in the fridge for a further 1-2 hours. Enjoy!
Tips & Notes
Store in the fridge for up to one week.