Prep time: 15 min
EASY ENERGY BITES
Cooking time: 30 min
Serving size: 12-16
Health Benefits of this Recipe
These easy energy bites are the perfect nourishment and quick mid morning or afternoon pick me up. The addition of brazil nuts provides a wonderful source of selenium to support healthy thyroid function. Fresh medjool dates provide a nice sweetness and are a great source of fibre. Plant based omega-3 rich hemp seeds provide essential fatty acids, whilst goji berries support antioxidant status.
- 1 cup brazil nuts
- 5 fresh medjool dates (pitted)
- ½ cup goji berries
- ½ cup shredded coconut
- ½ cup sunflower seeds
- ¼ cup hemp seeds
- 1 tsp cinnamon
1. Place all ingredients in a food processor and process on high for approximately 3 minutes until combined.
2. Use your hands to roll the mixture into balls or flatten the entire mixture into a brownie tray using a spatula.
3. Place in the freezer to set for 30 minutes.
Tips & Notes
- If the mixture is crumbling, add 1 tbsp of coconut oil or 1-2 tbsp of warm water and process for an additional 30 seconds.
- Storage: In the fridge for up to 1 week or freezer for up to 3 weeks