Prep time: Overnight
Cooking time: 5 mins
Serving size: +12
Health Benefits of this Recipe
A healthier alternative to traditional icing sugar. This dairy-free, gluten-free and vegan icing is the perfect topping on our Healthier Carrot Cake or Zesty Lemon Muffins recipes.
- ¾ cup raw cashews (soaked in water overnight in the fridge)
- 4 fresh Medjool dates
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp vanilla essence
- ½ cup coconut milk (from the carton)
1. Place cashews in a glass airtight container and cover with water. Soak in the fridge overnight to soften.
2. Drain the cashews and add all ingredients to your blender.
3. Blend until smooth and icing consistency is formed.
Tips & Notes
We love this on top of our Zesty Lemon Muffins recipe in Nourished Postpartum.