Prep time: 10 min
BLUEBERRY & COCONUT MUFFINS
Cooking time: 25-30 min
Serving size: 12
Health Benefits of this Recipe
A healthier way to enjoy a blueberry muffin! These muffins are packed with antioxidants and contain healthy fats to support blood sugar stability.
- 1½ cups buckwheat flour
- ½ cup shredded coconut
- ½ cup coconut sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 1 cup frozen blueberries
- 2 eggs (whisked)
- ½ cup coconut milk (from the carton)
- ¼ cup coconut oil (melted)
- ½ cup vanilla coconut yoghurt
- 1 tsp vanilla bean extract or vanilla essence
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
1. Preheat the oven to 160°C fan-forced and oil a muffin tray with coconut oil.
2. In a large bowl, add the dry ingredients and mix well.
3. In a separate bowl, add the wet ingredients and whisk to combine well.
4. Make a well in the centre of the dry ingredients and pour in the wet ingredients. Mix until well combined.
5. Use a spoon to transfer the mixture evenly into the prepared muffin tray.
6. Place in the oven and bake for 25-30 minutes or until the muffins begin to turn golden.