Prep time: 20 min
QUINOA COATED CHICKY NUGGETS
Cooking time: 25-30 min
Serving size: 12
Health Benefits of this Recipe
A perfect lunch or dinner for you or your little one! Packed with protein and fibre from quinoa and bursting with B-vitamins and zinc from the chicken.
- 1 cup buckwheat flour
- 2 eggs (whisked)
- 1 cup cooked quinoa (cooked)
- 500g chicken breast (diced into small bite sized pieces)
- ½ cup parmesan cheese (optional)
- ½ tsp dried oregano (optional)
- ¼ tsp dried parsley (optional)
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 200ºC fan-forced.
- Place the flour, eggs and quinoa into three separate bowls.
- Mix in the cheese, spices and salt and pepper with the quinoa until well combined.
- Roll each piece of chicken into the flour mixture to coat, followed by the egg mixture, followed by quinoa mixture until well coated.
- Place the quinoa coated chicken pieces onto a lined baking tray and bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes until the chicken is completely cooked through and crispy.